Working closely with the team at Eyesteelfilm, I developed and implemented a complete marketing strategy for the international premiere and theatrical release in Montreal, featuring:
- planning and management of the RIDM festival launch fruit cocktail event
- an apple inspired promo stunt at the RIDM launch screening
- exotic fruit give-aways at local cinemas for the theatrical release opening weekend
Web & social media:
- web content creation and production
- social media community management
Printed marketing tools and advertising:
- creation of promotional printed material, including flyers and posters
- media buys in local community publications
- ticket give-away contest with local community establishments such as bookstores, radio stations and film festivals
- outreach and coordination with Canada & US book publishers of The Fruit Hunters book
- community outreach with target local groups such fruit and gardening enthusiasts, sustainability and agriculture students, botanical gardens and foodies.
The launch was a tremendous sold-out success. The film continues to play at established international festivals, such as The Berlinale and IDFA, and a US theatrical release is planned for spring 2013.
Some of these images courtesy of RIDM & Cindy Boyce, others from Eyesteelfilm.